Sunday, February 15, 2009

thought#12

'i like studying faces in the parking lot because it doesn't remind me of anything'
doesn't remind me is one of the best songs of chris cornell. the lyrics are simple and beautiful. what he actually tries to tell is that those little things remind him of a lot, there are things that remind him of things and of people he wants to forget. they remind him of, in his own words,
"things that i've loved, the things that i've lost,
things i've held sacred, that i've dropped"
just acknowledging the fact that he ever had something worth losing is so painful, he finds solace in his denial. but no matter how hard he tries, he still can't let go. he keeps doing stuff that 'doesn't remind him of anything'. just try to understand the deeper meanings of these lines-
The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

Bend and shape me
I love the way you are
Slow and sweetly
Like never before
Calm and sleeping
We won't stir up the past
So discretely
We won't look back

No comments: